TransVirtual allows users the ability to setup Additional Charges which are extra costs attached to consignments for things like Hand Unloads, Tail Lifts, Out of Area, etc. This is done through the Additional Services page; Finance > Other Setup > Additional Services OR Settings > Lists and Zones > Additional Services.
To create charges for Additional Services your account will need to have the Finance Module activated.
The setup for Additional Services is much the same for each service you wish to charge for. You will need to have a separate service for each charge.
1. The first step in creating a new Additional Service is to click on the blue 'Add Additional Service' button:
2. Once you do this you you will see this appear:
This is where you name the Additional Service. For this example we are creating an Out of Area charge. Once you enter the name, click Update.
3. Once created, the Additional Service will appear on the left, in the list of Additional Charges:
4. Click on this newly created charge and you will see its relevant settings appear on the right:
Note: The blue question mark icons next to each of the headings are clickable and give you an explanation on what each field is used for/does.
5. The 'Requires Approval' setting is probably a good one to have enabled. This setting makes it so that when an Additional Charge is added to a consignment it must be approved before customer invoices can be finalized.
6. In the Default Customer Rate add in what you wish to charge for this Additional Service; $20 for example. You can also charge as a percentage of the consignment base if you don't want to charge as a flat rate-this is done using the Default Customer % of Base Price.
7. If you wish, you can set this Additional Service to charge per freight item rather than per consignment; may be a good idea for Hand Unloads per pallet (you could instead have the driver enter in the quantity of a Hand Unload charge using the 'Driver to collect Quantity' field-which has the same result). To charge per freight item use this field:
For example, if you were to add pallets to this charge using this field, the consignment would now have this service added as many times as there are pallets; 1 and 1, 2 and 2, etc.
8. Down the bottom there is a data filter that allows you to add in logic which is useful if you wish to have an Additional Service automatically add to a consignment-rather than having to manually add one in via the admin tab of the consignment etc. For an Out of Area charge you may wish to specify what areas (suburbs or postcodes etc) you wish to add this charge for.
In this example, when the Receiver postcode is 3000 for a consignment, this Out of Area Additional Service will automatically add to that consignment. You could use Suburb names instead if you wish. So perhaps when the Suburb name is Melbourne you wish to automatically add this charge. There is a lot you can do with this data filter; using the drop-down bar you will see a long list of possibilities.
If you leave this data filter blank, the service will not automatically add and will have to be manually entered against a consignment when required.
Note: If you add in a Service and give that service a rate/price using the 'Default Customer Rate'-this rate will only be used as long as there is no rate setup for this charge in the corresponding Customer's rate card. You have the ability in TransVirtual to setup Additional Services in each Customer's rate card in steps 1 and 4. When doing it this way, you can customize a service to charge differently per zone etc.
Having an Additional Service setup in a rate card means that this price will be used before one setup in the Additional Services page.
The Additional Service will need to be created first in the Additional Services page before it will be available in a rate card.
Rate cards can be found under Finance > Rate Cards (requires Finance Module to be enabled).
Charging for Equipment
Requires the Equipment Control Module
TransVirtual you are able to charge for equipment on a consignment.
This is done by setting up additional services and linking the equipment
types to these services to auto-charge based on certain conditions.
You will need to have your Equipment Type List setup in order to charge
for equipment. Instructions on how to this can be found here:
Start by navigating to the Additional Services Page (Finance > Other Setup > Additional Services OR Settings > Lists and zones > Additional Services).
1. Click on Add Additional Service as per below:
2. You will then see the below. Name appropriately and click update:
will then see the new Additional Service appear in the list on the
left. Click on it and you will see this appear on the right-hand side:
you can change the Additional Service Name and add in a deafult
customer rate to charge the customer when this service is added.
the bottom you will need to add into the AKA field the corresponding
AKA name for that equipment type; which can be found in Equipment Type List ( Settings > Lists and Zones > Equipment Type List). You will
need to have this AKA field as this is what the system uses to link that
particular equipment type to this new Additional Service you have
created. So for the example above, the AKA for Skid
5. You will
need to enter logic into the data filter down the bottom of the screen
to ensure that Additional Service auto-adds correctly. So in this
example we want the new Skid Additonal Service to auto-add when the
EquipmentType4Count is greater than 0. This means that any consignment
created that has 1 or more skids assigned against it will be charged for
whatever the amount is multiplied by the Customer Default Rate. So if
there are 2 Skids and the Default Rate is $1, then an additonal service
amount of $2 will be added to this consignment. The logic in the data
filter of the additonal service should look similar to this:
Make sure that the AKA name is correct for the equipment type you are
wanting to charge for, and that this is then reflected in the data
filter. So if Skid is EquipmentType4Count you must make sure that this
is the logic used in the corresponding Additional Service.
you have this setup, when you next create a consignment and add amounts
into the Equipment Counts section, you should see that once the
consignment has been created, an additional service has been added to
the price of the consignment:
This amount will vary depending on what you have entered as the default customer rate.